Jan 10, 2010

My test environment

Today, I introduce my test environment.

 

Motherboard : P4M80-M4 produced by BIOSTAR
CPU : Intel Pentium 4 2.4GHz
Memory : 768MB
OS : Vine Linux 5.0 (Japanese/English)

 

Vine Linux is one of the Japanese Linux distribution. It was based on Red Hat Linux.

Why Vine? not CentOS/Debian/etc.?

Umm,,, there is no special reason.

When I tried to learn Linux, Vine Linux (oh, version 2.6!) is very good distribution. I could install whole system from 1CD in only 4GB Disk with 256MB Memory. And It was finished to localization. So, I could use Japanese!.

Ever since, I have used to test and learn a lot of knowledge from Vine Linux system.

Of course, you may use other Linux distribution to test ZFS.
I try to describe my blog for other Linux users as possible as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment